The Club – Ocean Ridge Amateur Football Club was established in 1978, currently fields 3 senior sides and a Colts side and is based at Heathridge Park in Heathridge. We enter season 2019 with a young core group of players, with season 2018 being successful having all 4 sides playing finals, earning promotion into C1 with our league and reserves sides playing in Grand Finals.
At ‘Ridge’, we value loyalty, respect, discipline, commitment and enjoyment through our playing group, football staff and entire membership base. In an ever changing landscape, the Club is committed to being dynamic on and off field.
The Roles – The Club is seeking to appoint coaches for the following sides for season 2019:
- C1 League
- C1 Reserves
- E2 - Third Senior side
Key accountabilities of these coaching roles are:
- Develop and implement effective game plans and ensure appropriate resources and structures are in place to support this.
- Establish, implement and coordinate appropriate training programs that maximises the development of all players within the Club.
- Contribute to the development of skills, physical attributes, football knowledge and personal growth of all players within the Club.
- Lead and influence all players across the club in line with the club trademark and core values.
- Communicate strongly with the playing group, football department and Club Executive.
Please send all applications to email@example.com
Applications close on Friday, October 12th. For any confidential discussions about the available roles, please contact club President Jon Knox on 0488 633 001
Ocean Ridge seek Women's Team Coach for 2019
Ocean Ridge Amateur Football Club was founded in 1978 and calls Heathridge Park in Heathridge home. The Club currently fields 3 senior sides and a colts (Under 20’s) side in the WAAFL.
“Ridge” are currently looking to expand into Women’s AFL by launching its inaugural side in 2019 in the WAAFL Women’s competition. We are currently looking for a highly motivated and development focussed individual to lead the coaching and recruitment for this side.
The position of Head Coach, Women’s team will be responsible for all facets of coaching, player recruitment and development, leadership and strategic planning. Working closely with the Football Department and Club’s Executive, the Head Coach will work on pre-season planning, game plans, player management and game day review.
Candidates will be required to have, or be working towards, the following experience and skill set:
- Level 1 coaching accreditation.
- Demonstrated knowledge, involvement and understanding of talent development programs
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Mentor / teaching skills that develop trust and respect
- Demonstrated ability to formulate and communicate sequential training and game plans
- Demonstrated ability to identify and nurture youth talent
- Demonstrated ability to develop high levels of team unity
- Demonstrated ability to inspire individuals and teams in the pursuit of individual and team achievement
The successful candidate will be remunerated by an agreed honorarium amount. Please contact Noel Wallace – firstname.lastname@example.org or 0417 939 116 – for any enquiries.